Welcome to the Irish Diabetes Nurse and Midwife Specialist Association (IDNMSA) website
Promoting the exchange of information and knowledge among nurses working in diabetes care.
Join our Association and download our app – our main method of communication.
Contributions from Diabetes Nurses, Midwives and those interested in the speciality are welcomed.
The Irish Diabetes Nurse and Midwife Specialist Association was formed in the mid 1980s by a small group of dedicated diabetes nurse specialists. They identified the need to provide a forum for specialist nurses and midwives involved in the long term care of diabetes patients. It has grown in numbers over the years with almost one hundred and seventy nurses or midwives on the current register.
Download our app
The membership year runs from 1 September each year.
- The Diabetes Nurse must work a minimum of 126 hours per month exclusively in a Diabetes Service (Hospital/Community/GP Practice)
- The fee for Full Membership is:
€25 now, and €25 on September 1st each yearSign up now
- The Diabetes Nurse must work a minimum of 30 hours per month exclusively in a Diabetes Service (Hospital/Community/GP Practice)
- The minimum time requirement of 30 hours needs to be verified by your manager
- The Associate Member can attend the AGM but is not eligible to vote
- The fee for Associate Membership is:
€15 now, and €15 on September 1st each yearSign up now
- Honorary membership may be awarded to certain individuals at the discretion of the committee and its members.
- Honorary membership will cease on retirement of the individual from their employment.