Welcome to the Irish Diabetes Nurse and Midwife Specialist Association (IDNMSA) website
The aim of this site is to promote the exchange of information and knowledge among nurses working in diabetes care.
The site also provides links to a variety of diabetes related sites. A discussion forum and useful educational resources are available on the members only page.
Contributions from Diabetes Nurses, Midwives and those interested in the speciality are welcomed.
The Irish Diabetes Nurse and Midwife Specialist Association was formed in the mid 1980s by a small group of dedicated diabetes nurse specialists. They identified the need to provide a forum for specialist nurses and midwives involved in the long term care of diabetes patients. It has grown in numbers over the years with almost one hundred and seventy nurses or midwives on the current register.
Download our app
- The Diabetes Nurse must work a minimum of 126 hours per month exclusively in a Diabetes Service (Hospital/Community/GP Practice)
- The fee for Full Membership is:
€25 now, and €25 on September 1st each yearSign up now
- The Diabetes Nurse must work a minimum of 30 hours per month exclusively in a Diabetes Service (Hospital/Community/GP Practice)
- The minimum time requirement of 30 hours needs to be verified by your manager
- The Associate Member can attend the AGM but is not eligible to vote
- The fee for Associate Membership is:
€15 now, and €15 on September 1st each yearSign up now
- Honorary membership may be awarded to certain individuals at the discretion of the committee and its members.
- Honorary membership will cease on retirement of the individual from their employment.
The membership year runs from the date of registration and payment to the same date in the following year.
Get in touch!
Irish Diabetes Nurse Specialist Association